After a recent leak, Microsoft officially confirmedthat the new Xbox Game Pass plan will be called “Friends & Family” and will give you access to all the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This subscription is for up to five people, so you can invite up to four more friends or family members to share. There is only one restriction – all users must be in the same country.
Recall that now Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family is being tested in Ireland and Colombia. The subscription costs €21.99 and 49,900 pesos per month respectively. If you divide the price by 5 people, then each person will have to pay less than €5 per month (about 300 rubles). In doing so, all users will have access to the benefits of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
“We are currently testing this tariff in Colombia and Ireland. Other countries/regions may be added in the coming months,” reads the FAQ section.
Switching to this tariff will lead to the conversion of the time remaining according to the previous tariff plan. Here is how it will happen:
- 30 days Xbox Game Pass Ultimate = 18 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days Xbox Game Pass (Console) = 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days PC Game Pass = 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days Xbox Live Gold = 12 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family
- 30 days EA Play = 6 days Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family